Bowest Yard/B253.4








Aerial photo of the Bowest/Dunbar are courtesy of Jim Coshun.


Love this photo taken next to an N&W Alco Centery. It's a shame Chessie tore out the WM so quickly to prevent N&W from becoming a possible owner of this trackage. (Thanks to Jim Coshun for photo)

West leg of the wye at the yard office and a new diesel fuel tank and spill containment pond. Love to have that troop sleeper to restore and use. (Thanks to Jim Coshun for photos)

WM bridge No.2536 is at the Bowest Yard Office, here it was photographed for record keeping on August 28, 1917. (Thanks to Jim Coshun for photo)

Bowest Yard and Office as it looked on October 25, 1966. (photo courtesy of Warren Hart) second photo was taken by Ray Wongus after abandonment of the WM Mainline. (Ray Wongus Collection of the WMRHS)

Construction of the Bowest engine house with a steam locomotive in one of the stalls. (Thanks to Jim Coshun for photo)

The Bowest engine house on 2-4-1950 with WM Z-Class locomotives 906, 908, and 916. (photo courtesy of Warren Hart)

SD35's 7435 and 7433 sit outside the Bowest engine house on June 6, 1965. (photo courtesy of Warren Hart) Same view again after abandonment. (Ray Wongus Collection of the WMRHS)

A String of clean WM F7's sit next to the Bowest Engine House. (photo by Rodger Puta)

Some N&W owned power in the form of Nickel Plate Geeps in the yard at Bowest. (Thanks to Jim Coshun for photos)

April 2015 photos taken at WM's former Bowest Yard. The yard is going to be used again by a railroad and clearing of trees, brush, and old ties have begun. Two former WM tracks and a switch frog still remain along the B&O tracks and the Sheepskin Rail Trail. (Curt Beal photos)




Go East