There is a distance of 1.9 miles between the East and West Ends of Spruce. There was also a siding with a total capacity of 238, 40ft. cars. The West End of Spruce was also referred to as Cass Junction.
pictured here is the the Spruce Mill and town photographed in the mid 1920's similar to the map o the left above. Not sure which direction at Spruce the photo is looking. (thanks to Mike Yetter and Warren Hart for photo)
The Spruce Mill and a Shay locomotive working in 1907. (thanks to Mike Yetter and Warren Hart for photo)
A WM Validation photo from 1917 showing the Spruce Store and some houses. (thanks to Mike Yetter and Warren Hart for photo)
A WVC train with WM BL2 #82 rounds the curve as it heads into Spruce during a 2008 Railfan Weekend. (Blair Williamson photo)
The train makes a photo runby as it passes the connection with the Cass Railroad. (2008, Blair Williamson photos)
Down trackside looking east at a new "SPRUCE" sign. (Darren Talbert photo)