1926 and 2012 topo maps
At Hendericks there was a short section of double track that began just east of the station in the canyon and ran west to Hambelton. Hendricks was the beginning of the black fork grade. There was a station track behind the station that held 10 cars. There was also a spur that bridged the Black Fork River to a business called The Hinchcliff Lumber Company. Check out the 1926 topo map for yet another rail line and bridge east out of Hendricks. This railroad was in existence from 1913 to 1936 and was named the "Central West Virginia and Southern".
View Larger Map