Here are the WM tracks leading into Ridgeley Yard and beyond. Today the tracks are still in and currently in use by the WMSR.
WM train "WM-3" heads into Ridgeley from the Connelsville Sub on June 18, 1952. The train is lead by M2 Challenger No. 1202 with Potomac 1402 as a pusher from Confluence that stayed with the train the entire trip. WM-3's caboose on this trip is cab No 1862. (Bill Price photos)
Looking west on the Thomas Subdivision at the East End of Ridgeley Yard. When this photo was taken the yard was being used by the Chessie System to store excess and bad-order freight cars.(Ray Wongus Collection of the WMRHS) The WMSR GP-30 is bringing the train out of the shop area at the East End or Ridgeley Yardand over to the station in Cumberland. The former WM main was once the two weed grown tracks on the left.
Loading coal into the tendewr of the 734 early in the morning before a scheduled run. WMSR GP30 no. 501 parked at the facility.
WMSR 2175 and 199 also seen parked at the WMSR facility. This WM shop building were the former WM car shop.
Walked a ways west on the Thomas Sub from the railroad crossing in Ridgeley and got to see 39, 7436, and 7471 in storage at the former WM Speed Shop now the WMSR shop. (Nov. 21, 2012)
My father, Mason Cooper photographed WM GP9 n/o 41 in the yard at Ridgeley.
Looking west towards Maryland Junction Shops from the West End of Ridgeley Yard in the 1980's. More cars are stored here by Chessie. (Ray Wongus Collection of the WMRHS)
The first photo most likely taken by William P. Price of WM Train 81 passing through Ridgeley Yard as is heads for Elkins. H9a No. 842 leads the train followed by 824. Almost 50 years later is unbelieveble that these weed grown tracks were once so busy. These "before and after" photos were taken along the former WM main line between the Ridgeley Yard and the WM Engine Shop at Maryland Jct. (10/1/52 and 1/11/97)
Go West to Connellsville
Go West to Elkins
Go East to Baltimore